Wednesday, August 16, 2006


Ladies and gentlemen, let me present Augie March.

The new band on radio blog. You may have never heard of them. Neither had I . But not long ago I ran into them at a smoky bar on a chilly night out in the port city of Fremantle. A couple of fairly ordinary guys, looking slightly too old to be pop stars took the stage and broke out into song....

"Now should you expect to see something that you hadn't seen in somebody you've known since you were sixteen,
If love is a bolt from the blue then what is a bolt but a glorified screw,
And that doesn't hold nothing together.

Far from these nonsense bars and their nowhere music,
it's making me sick and I know it's making you sick,
there's nothing there it's like eating air,
it's like drinking gin with nothing else in and that doesn't hold me together...

And for one crowded hour you were the only one in the room,
I sailed around all those bumps in the night to your beacon in the gloom,
I thought I had found my golden September in the middle of that purple june,
But one crowded hour would lead to my wreck and ruin."

And I knew it was something special.. there was this electricity in the cold air... there was poetry and beauty and humidifying sensuality...

So here is their rather strangely titled album.... "Moo you bloody choir"... but the music is just fantastic... there is something different about this band... they are not pop... they are not rock... they are not fake... they sound like they are from a different time...a time I like a great deal... a lot of heavy influences from "the time".... from Dylan to Sigur Ros to Dickens... watch for it.... you'll see it...

They are honest, original and intellectual. Songs are great, most stand out from each other, most of them you can listen to repeatedly..... I play one crowded hour atleast 5 times a day...

Try this little aussie venture. I think you'll like it.


> 4 comments
9:19 AM

profile

My Photo
Name:
Location: Perth, WA, Australia


Poison Bay

A very graphic novel

blogroll

radio

previous posts



archives

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006



Search the Web at eWoss.com