Friday, June 09, 2006

These are the days of miracle and wonder
Don't cry baby don't cry.

I found this album while walking around scoffishly at a Malaysian neighbours garage sale. The way you walk around garage sales... like to say "Ha! I have better stuff." but at the same time looking to pick up something special. And I found this lying at the bottom of a cardboard box full of old pool toys.



Paul Simon's Graceland. I had always wanted to get hold of the full album. It is widely acclaimed by critics to be a masterpiece.

And I wasn't disappointed. The album is just perfect. It is like a dream... the lyrics make sense at some subconcious level but you lose sense of it if you try to analyse it. Isn't that what good poetry is supposed to be?
The music is perfect. It's complex yet delightfully instinctive. Orchestral and full yet subtle and distinct. Paul Simon apparently travelled to Africa for influence. And there is a lot of that in the music. It's blended in, in the most seamless manner with his own style of country/rock.

This album really is a gem. A must have for any true music-lover's collection.

So here you go. Listen to the radio blog for the songs. Let me know what you think.

You don't feel you could love me but I feel you could...


> 6 comments
8:41 PM

profile

My Photo
Name:
Location: Perth, WA, Australia


Poison Bay

A very graphic novel

blogroll

radio

previous posts



archives

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006



Search the Web at eWoss.com