Monday, May 22, 2006

Me: "Yeah... yeah... like when I used to work at clubX..."

everybody else in the room: "You what?"

Yeah... I did work at clubX. Briefly. It's a chain of adult stores. I worked at the smaller vic park branch. Not the city branch where they have peep shows, with reams of paper towels in the booths. But this was JUST a store. Like any store. Like a lottery ticket agency. Same sort of customers. 40+ losers in flannel.

Pay was good. Traffic was low. Hours were highly suitable (5pm - 11pm).

People sometimes tell me "you have done some pretty weird junk in your life"... and you wouldn't think I did... by looking at me.. or even by knowing me really well. It seems fairly uncharactristic that I have done some of the stuff I claim to have done. But I really have. And it's usually as a result of circumstances than any real choice. Or concious decision.

Take for example, jobs I have held down. And these are real jobs. I have been payed for these. Not monopoly money either.

1: ClubX counter attendant.
2: Funeral hearse driver.
3: Security attendant at private party.
4: IT support person.
5: Call centre operator for Cancer Council
6: 1st level helpdesk support attendant for ISP.
7: Casual research assistant.
8: Book cover designer.
9: Light & Sound technician/ Stage manager.
10: Demonstrator for Intel Centrino.
11: Demonstrator for "The Cheese Barrell"
12: Playwrighting/Direction consultant.
13: Computer parts reseller/repairer.
14: Mystery shopper.

Yeah...that's all I can think of at the moment.


It would be one weird resume if I put it all in....


> 3 comments
9:35 AM

profile

My Photo
Name:
Location: Perth, WA, Australia


Poison Bay

A very graphic novel

blogroll

radio

previous posts



archives

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006



Search the Web at eWoss.com